Jan 4, 2015

Meal 3: Best Chili Sunday

I have never made chili before and as today had been rainy, full of football and World Junior hockey, I thought that chili would be the perfect dinner.

I took to Pinterest and found a recipe for the "The Best Chili Recipe", which was attached to Pink When's blog (http://www.pinkwhen.com).  I tweaked it slightly, as I was making it in the crock pot, but it was still delicious.

This is my crock pot version of The Best Chili...

1.5 cups of chopped onions
1/4 bell pepper (I used orange & red)
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tbsp chili powder
2 cans (6 oz) of tomato paste
1 can (15 oz) pinto beans
1 can (15 oz) kidney beans
1 can (46 oz) tomato juice
2 lbs lean ground beef

I browned the ground beef first, before adding everything to the crock pot.  Set on high, it simmered for 4 hours.

Paired with a fresh Italian loaf, dinner was served!






*Note: For 2 people, this recipe made way too much, but now we have lunch for tomorrow....