Jan 26, 2015

#15 Ja, Schnitzel Time!

Who doesn't love a good schnitzel (unless you're a vegetarian, of course!)

With some family in town, Ken and I decided to host them for dinner.  Of course, being pretty new to hosting, and cooking an actual full meal for them...was pretty daunting!

Originally, we were going to have some glazed chicken thighs, but when the grocery store didn't have enough to serve anyone, I piled up on the chicken cutlets for some schnitzel.

Normally, I do schnitzel with pork or veal, but not everyone is a fan of those choices, so, we opted for chicken.

You'll need:
Your choice of chicken/pork/veal cutlets (the number will depend on how many people you are serving...)
Breadcrumbs
Eggs (I used 3 eggs for 12 cutlets)
Splash of milk
Flour (I used approx 2 cups for 12 cutlets)

1. Pound the meat so that it becomes quite thin
2. Cover each piece of meat into the flour, dusting it off after it's fully covered
3. Dip the meat into the egg, completely covering it
4. Cover the meat with the breadcrumbs
5. Heat oil into a frying pan (I use vegetable oil)
7. Once the oil is heated, fry the meat until it is browned
8. Voila!!  Done!






1 comment:

  1. Sigh, reminds me of my childhood! Great post Jess!

    ReplyDelete