Jan 16, 2015

Meal 11: Cucumber Salad

Growing up, cucumber salad was often at our dinner table, as a side to dinner.  It was a favourite in the house and it's no different now that I'm older.

Although it's technically a side dish, I often will whip it together for a quick lunch, when I'm not overly hungry.

As today was one of those days, I thought I would add it to blog.

You'll need:

1 cucumber (this will fluctuate depending on the number of people eating)
3 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp white vinegar
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
Pinch of salt

First, you'll need to peel the cucumber, then slice it thinly with the grater.

Once the cucumber is all sliced, pour the vegetable and vinegar over top the cucumbers.  Sprinkle the onion powder and garlic powder over top, finishing with the salt.

You may need to tweak the amounts to your liking, so after mixing all the ingredients together, give it a little taste.  I normally tend to add a bit more of some of the above ingredients, before I'm happy with the result.






No comments:

Post a Comment