Jan 14, 2015

Meal 10: Avocado Pasta

I've seen this recipe floating around the internet lately, and I was really excited to try it.  I broke out the brand-spanking new Kitchen Aid Mixer, which was a gift for my birthday.

I find that avocados are so hit and miss, meaning that they are too hard for several days, then they all ripen at the same time - getting maybe 2 days (or 3 at most) of use.  As the avocados I have were ripe, I dove into this new and simple recipe.

You'll need:
  • 12 ounces spaghetti 
  • 2 ripe avocados, halved, seeded and peeled  
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice 
  • Salt & pepper, to taste 
  • 1/3 cup olive oil



(Love a nice avocado!)





Combine the avocados, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper into a large bowl, getting ready to mix it.









Add the cooked spaghetti to the avocado mixture, and serve!




I liked this meal, but unfortunately, Ken wasn't a huge fan.  I can understand why as it wasn't as flavourful as I thought it may have been.  I will need to find some ways to pack some punch to this meal, otherwise this could be a one time thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment