Jan 9, 2015

Meal 7:[failed] Golden Chicken with Noodles

This meal had so much promise and I'm so sad that I didn't read the instructions carefully!

Ken and I were headed to the Raptors Game last night (a great Christmas gift from his mom!) and so since I was working during the day, I didn't want to rush through dinner.  A slow-cooked meal was the perfect choice!

Or, so I thought.

I received a great cookbook for Christmas, which contains 3 cookbooks in one.  One of the books is called Simple Slow Cooking.  I laugh now at the irony of the Simple part.

Here is the recipe.
How dinner should have looked..

You'll need:
2 cans Campbells Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (this is where I messed it - I used chicken broth *face palm*)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 tbsp Dijon-style mustard
1.5 tsp garlic powder
8 large carrots, thickly sliced
8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
4 cups egg noodles

*I halved this for the two of us, before realizing halway through that I should have added the Cream of Chicken Soup.

Basically, you put everything in the slow cooker, and cook on low for 8 hours.  Add the separately cooked noodles and serve.

It looked delicious in the book!

onto the next one!




No comments:

Post a Comment