Jan 11, 2015

Meal 8: Peanut Butter & Chocolate Cupcakes!

Today's meal is a dessert!  Which totally counts as a meal, right?

I started last night, as I wanted to make sure the cupcakes were completely cooled before putting the icing on.

Normally, I like to bake from scratch, but I received some really cool mixes for Christmas that I wanted to try.  These cupcakes are from a Reese's Pieces Cupcake Mix.


Once the cupcakes had baked in the oven, I let them cool for 30 minutes before filling the centre with the peanut butter filling (from the mix that came with the set).



Since the cupcakes had cooled overnight, I used the French Vanilla Betty Crocker icing to put on top. I love icing but can't stand when there is more icing than cake, so I kept it minimal.


It was the first time I have used a proper icing "machine" (what are these things called, really!!), as I normally just use a spoon.  I think they turned out pretty well and cannot wait to jump in after dinner.


2 comments:

  1. I mean, if you need a taste tester....

    Good job Jess, they look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit they were amazing!!

    ReplyDelete